Saturday, June 25, 2011

The case of the missing toothbrushes

Keira, my child, my heart bursts with love when I think about you. You are a mother's delight! But heaven help me, you do the grossest things I've ever seen. Today let's focus on toothbrushes.
You love to brush your teeth! You like to use your toothbrush or any toothbrush you can find. You've been known to go to our friend's house, sneak away to the upstairs bathroom, climb into the sink and go to town brushing your teeth with our friend Claire's toothbrush and her toothpaste. It's kinda embarrassing to mommy that our friends have to hide their toothbrushes when they know you are coming. Miss Cindy tells me they regularly wash their toothbrushes in Listerine after you've been there (if they can find them of course.)  Mommy is still planning to get Claire a new toothbrush and toothpaste for a belated Birthday gift.
The other day I saw you walking around with your own toothbrush. I didn't mind because it's yours. But you disappeared with that tooth brush and I ended up finding you in Mommy's bathroom.  I ushered you out of mommy's room (off limits!) and went to see if you'd done any damage in there. I noticed there was potty water all over the seat. I didn't see what you were doing with the potty but I can only imagine the things you could do with a toothbrush in hand. Ack! I chase you to the other side of the house, snatch your toothbrush and give it a bath in boiling water.
Today I caught you behind the couch with Selina's toothbrush and toothpaste. You managed to turn on the flashing timer and watched it as you sucked back globs of toothpaste right from the tube.  Kid, for all the nasty things you do, you better have a really good set of teeth when you grow up.

Hugs my darling

xoxoxo
Mommy

(PS, let's not tell Daddy you used his toothbrush recently too. He would be totally grossed out)

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

My favorite post of yours yet! :) I dig that littlest girl of yours.

Kristin said...

I dig her too!! Thank you!

Debbie said...

She cracks me up. Reagan did eat a whole tube of toothpaste recently. Maybe they shouldn't make it taste that good or maybe they put addictive properties in there. :-)